03 July 2014

10th Anniversary

Today is the 10th anniversary of my ordination to the diaconate at Blackfriars, Oxford by the Bishop Malcolm McMahon, OP of Nottingham. 

Seems like yesterday. 

The temp in Oxford that day was 62. After the garden party, about ten to twelve of us -- still in habit -- invaded The Lamb and Flag pub across the street. A generous benefactor picked up the tab. . .a VERY generous benefactor! Have you ever seen a Brit drink? :-)

One of the newly ordained priests, Fr. Irenaeus, invited me to assist at his first Mass at Sacred Heart in Blackbird-Leys.  

The prior invited me to preach the conventual Mass on July 5th, the memorial of Oxford's Catholic martyrs.
__________________

Follow HancAquam or Subscribe ----->

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 AM

    I'll be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks. If I mention Fr. Philip Neri, will you be remembered even at the rival Blackfriars priory there or not at all past the Lamb and Flag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on who's in Cambridge these days. There may be a friar or two who will remember me. I made several retreats in Oxford while I was assigned to Rome. . .

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Father!
    How great that the Lamb and Flag funds the scholarships! love that!
    Keep the good work flowing!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Happy Anniversary! May you have many, many more!
    Thank the Lord!
    (it is also the Anniversary of my youngest Baptism)

    ReplyDelete